|A CAREER BUILT ON SOLID FOUNDATIONS
Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers is a leading engineering firm providing
geotechnical studies, structural design of foundations and waterfront
structures. We specialize in complicated sites, especially in urban areas. Our award winning expertise is regularly sought by other engineers, architects, developers, contractors, as well as public and private agencies. The majority of our projects are in the New York metropolitan area where we have gathered an unprecedented amount of underground information. We also work a great deal in Washington DC where we have been the General Soil Consultant on a continuing basis for WMATA since 1966. Our projects also take us throughout the eastern seaboard of the US, and on numerous projects across the USA and overseas.
MRCE seeks to employ dynamic, motivated and innovative professionals who exhibit skills in soil mechanics, structural design, marine engineering, foundation engineering, geotechnical instrumentation, and geology. We encourage accomplished geotechnical and structural engineers, geologists, designers and draftsmen to submit their credentials for consideration.
MRCE is looking for new hires and experienced engineers for the
CAD OPERATOR, New York, NY
We are currently looking for experienced CAD Operator to work full-time in our New York City office
MRCE is seeking skilled and motivated CAD Operators to work on challenging projects in the New York metropolitan area.
- Knowledge and efficient use of AutoCAD software required. Ability to use AutoCAD for drawing file publishing, sheet sets, page setups, xrefs, text attributes, and layout viewports required.
- Some experience in structural detailing, such as, concrete reinforcing, steel connections, and timber work a plus. Knowledge of support of excavation, underpinning, and wall bracing a plus.
- Knowledge of Metric and English systems required. Knowledge of 3D environment required. Autodesk certification a plus. Knowledge of Bentley MicroStation a plus.
- We offer employees a competitive salary including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability and a 401k plan.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons.
RESIDENT ENGINEER, New York, NY
We are currently looking for experienced
Resident Engineers with a NY PE License to work full-time out of our New York City office
MRCE is seeking motivated Civil Engineers holding at least a BS degree from an accredited four year institution, with five or more years of experience, and holding a New York Professional Engineering license to fullfill Resident Engineering positions at MRCE. If you enjoy construction and want to work for a great company on challenging projects in the New York metropolitan area, or Washington, DC, we want to hear from you!
- Perform inspection of foundation work on a wide variety of projects, including: excavation support systems with struts, tiebacks, and rock anchors; driven and drilled pile foundations, sheeting; subgrade inspection and foundation construction; underpinning, etc.
- Experience with quality control, construction inspection, geotechnical instrumentation, pile load testing, proof and performance testing.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction environment, climb ladders, and safely lift up to 40 lbs.
- MRCE offers a professional engineering career with an accomplished engineering team, full time employment at competitive salaries, overtime pay, holiday and vacation time, life insurance, and medical benefits; dental plan, short and long term disability, and 401k plan.
- MRCE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons.
GEOTECHNICAL INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER (0-2 years), New York, NY
MRCE is seeking entry level geotechnical instrumentation engineers and instrumentation specialists to join our team.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of senior staff assisting with:
- Performing condition surveys to document existing condition of structures adjacent to construction.
- Development and implementation of geotechnical and construction monitoring systems for evaluating design performance and impact of construction on adjacent buildings, subway tunnels and transportation structures.
- Installation of instrumentation and construction monitoring system including seismographs, automated motorized total stations, and geotechnical instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Prepare field reports and sketches summarizing instrument installations and construction progress.
- Interpret monitoring data and prepare summary reports.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferably in related field of study such as Geotechnical, Geomatics, Civil, and Construction Engineering.
- Able to prepare timely and accurate field reports and sketches and communicate effectively with engineers, contractors and clients.
- Hands on experience with power and hand tools and/or general electrical work.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Work comfortably from ladders and aerial lifts.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous knowledge and experience with Instantel seismographs, Leica robotic total stations, optical surveying, Campbell Scientific data acquisition and monitoring of MEMS, Vibrating Wire and Differential Voltage based sensors.
- Advanced knowledge of computers, electronics, cellular and wireless network communications a plus.
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (0-2 years), New York, NY
We are looking for geotechnical engineers with 0 to 2 years of experience to work from our Manhattan office.
Responsibilities will include field and some office work. Project tasks may include planning and inspection of borings, laboratory testing, interpretation of geologic conditions, and preparation of geotechnical reports; load calculations, slope stability and settlement analysis; instrumentation design, implementation, and interpretation; numerical modeling / soil parameter selection; preparation of design documents and contract drawings; construction inspection.
MRCE offers a professional engineering career with an accomplished engineering team, full time employment at competitive salaries, overtime pay, holiday and vacation time, life insurance, medical benefits, dental plan, short and long term disability, and 401k plan.
MRCE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Geotechnical Engineering, and the ability to obtain a Professional Engineer’s license in New York within five years.
- Physical requirements include jobsite mobility (rough terrain, ladders, etc.), and light lifting / test equipment transport.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Soil mechanics laboratory testing experience, Mathcad use, numerical modeling experience, and a working knowledge of AutoCAD are desirable.
We welcome qualified professionals in these fields to submit their resume to:
Carolyn Cox, Human Resources Manager
Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers
14 Penn Plaza
225 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10122-0006